CFP International Society for the Study of Chinese Overseas Regional Conference in Seoul
“East Asia and the Chinese Overseas”
2015 Regional Conference
International Society for the Study of Chinese Overseas (ISSCO)
Seoul, May 28-31, 2015
The 2015 ISSCO regional conference will be held at the Seoul National University (SNU) in Seoul, South Korean, on 29 May 2015. This will be jointly organized with the Seoul National University (China Center of Graduate School of International Studies). Given the increasing global significance of China and East Asia and the roles of the Chinese overseas, the conference will focus on the theme “East Asia and the Chinese Overseas.” ISSCO members and interested scholars are welcome to submit individual papers or panel proposals. Relevant topics include, for example, the impact of China on the Chinese overseas and their countries; connection between the Chinese overseas and China; Chinese overseas in and from Korea and Japan; Taiwan and the Chinese overseas; Chinese overseas and East Asia.
Main conference information is as follows:
Theme: “East Asia and the Chinese Overseas”
– 28 May 2015: arrival and registration
– 29 May 2015: conference
– 30-31 May 2015: field trip (optional)
Venue: GSIS of Seoul National University, Seoul, Korea
Accommodation: Hoam Faculty House (Guest House of SNU)
• Direct shuttle service from Incheon International Airport by Bus # 6017, and a 15-minute walk to the conference venue).
• Campus accommodation must be booked before 28 February 2015
Conference language: English and Chinese
Individual Paper and Panel Submission Deadlines: 31 December 2014
• Individual paper submission: Please submit your paper title and an abstract of not more than 150 words. Please include with your submission the following information: name, affiliation, job title if relevant, and e-mail address. If your presentation is in Chinese, please also provide an English translation of your paper title and abstract.
• Panel proposal submission: Please submit your panel title and description, and all titles/abstracts of your panel participants (preferably 3-4 participants). Please include with your submission the following information: name, affiliation, job title if relevant, and e-mail address of all panel participants. If your proposal is in Chinese, please also provide an English translation.
Acceptance letter: To be issued by 31 January 2015
Conference website: To be arranged
• Miss Soo Young AN firstname.lastname@example.org or
• Prof. Youngrok Cheong email@example.com
Madeline Y. Hsu, Ph.D.
Associate Professor, Department of History
Core faculty, Center for Asian American Studies
Affiliated faculty, Department of Asian Studies
The University of Texas at Austin
Department of History
128 Inner Campus Drive, Stop B7000
Austin, TX 78712